The Federal Universal Service Fund (USF) assists with the costs of providing “affordable” services to low-income individuals and to residents in rural, high-costs areas. In addition, this fund helps schools, libraries and rural health care providers obtain advanced services, such as Internet access. All providers of telecommunications services contribute to the support of these programs. This percentage based charge is applied to telephone and long distance services you order. Giant Communications is a recipient of USF funds, which assists us in keeping your telecommunication charges affordable and competitive with more urban providers.
Articles in this section
- Bill Explanation
- Using Giant's eBill Online Bill Pay System
- What is the Federal USF charge?
- What is the interstate access charge listed on my bill?
- What is the federal “Access Recovery Charge” (ARC) listed on my bill?
- What is the Kansas Universal Service Fund (KUSF)?
- What taxes are included on my bill?
- What is the ISP Recovery Charge?
- What does the E-911 surcharge cover?
- This is my first month of service and it looks like I have been double billed. Is this correct?