Your bill includes the 3% federal excise tax levied by the federal government that applies to all telecom services, not just local service. In addition, there is a 6.5% state tax, and varying local and/or municipal governments impose taxes on telecom services and, if applicable, these taxes are listed on your bill. These charges may appear as a “franchise” fee.
Articles in this section
- Bill Explanation
- Using Giant's eBill Online Bill Pay System
- What is the Federal USF charge?
- What is the interstate access charge listed on my bill?
- What is the federal “Access Recovery Charge” (ARC) listed on my bill?
- What is the Kansas Universal Service Fund (KUSF)?
- What taxes are included on my bill?
- What is the ISP Recovery Charge?
- What does the E-911 surcharge cover?
- This is my first month of service and it looks like I have been double billed. Is this correct?