Work from Florida? No problem!
Take calls from almost anywhere.
Do you have a satellite office or an employee that works from home? Try our new Remote Office Service...
Enjoy all of the benefits and features of your Giant Communications system from any remote location. Simply plug in your remote location phone to a high speed internet connection and Remote Office will provide dial-tone and all of the functionality of your existing office phone:
- Make Outbound Calls
- Answer Inbound or Group Calls
- Monitor who is on the phone right from your handset
- 3 digit dialing to all office extensions
- Transfer calls
- Intercom office employees
- Call Parking
- Call Reporting
- Much more...
With Remote Office, our customers can allow remote users to be a part of the office phone system while at the same time allowing businesses to get more out of their remote employees.
- Satellite Office
- Remote Sales people
- Business Owners or Key Employees
- Stay at home employees or Telemarketers
- Add a Home Phone
- Site Redundancy
Remote Office allows you to access and change your call coverage options from any PC or from the handset itself. It shares the same calling plan as your system—local, regional and long distance—and is invoiced with your other Giant services, simplifying billing and increasing efficiency.
Remote Office is easy to install and use. It includes an office quality handset which plugs into your existing broadband connection.
Remote Office Setup
For the remote site, the IP phone will need to have a wired internet connection (LAN port) available. The Internet connection speed must be greater than 384K Download / 384K Upload.
To set up your new Remote Office phone for the first time, follow the instructions below.
- Login to the Giant portal at the remote office location by going to the Manage Phones page. Enter your telephone number, Extension, PIN, and click Login.
- On the left hand-side of the page, click on "My Dynamic Site." Click on the "Create Dynamic Site" Button.
- Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable to your network connection (i.e. Switch, Cable Modem, DSL Modem or other Internet connection equipment).
- Hold down the 7 key while connecting the other end of the Ethernet cable to the back of the phone (2nd port from the top) until the phone display reads "CONFIG TELEWORKER."
If you don't get that message, reboot the phone by unplugging the network cable from the back of the phone and plug it back in. While the phone is powering up, hold down the 7 key.
If your phone doesn't power up, you will need to use a POE injector.
- Press the * (star) key for Yes.
- Press the # (pound) key for New. The phone will then read "TELEWORKER GATEWAY". Enter the following address: 22.214.171.124 (Press # for the periods).
- Once the address has been entered press the down arrow. The phone will then read "STORE CHANGES?" Press the * key for Yes. The phone will then reset and upon reboot the phone will now be connected as a Remote office phone.
- If asked to login, enter your extension and pin. Your Remote Office Phone will now be ready for use.