With traditional phone services, you’ll still be able to use any corded phone in your house, even if the electricity goes out. Cordless phones, on the other hand, require electricity to operate. So if you have one of these phones, you won’t be able to use it until the power is turned back on.
Articles in this section
- Digital Mailbox Instructions
- Important 911 Dialing Information for Digital Phone Service
- Recommended Battery Back-Ups
- If my electricity goes out, will my phone still work?
- Kansas Relay Center 7-1-1
- Pay-Per-Call Dispute Resolution
- Avoid Unwanted Telemarketing Calls
- I pay for Caller ID, so why don’t I receive Caller ID information on every call?
- If my electricity goes out, will my phone go out, too?
- What is included in the cost of my local telephone service?